Like long walks along the beach (or trail runs up the trig)
Deep and meaningful conversations with your clients
Freedom to focus on family first, actually have some work-life balance, and the flexibility to manage your own ‘working from home’ or office hours
Fulfilling, satisfying work that makes you fist pump on the regular
…and you are tired of working for a traditional, stale accounting firm with no real growth or development prospects
ABOUT US (SMYD Accounting / Advisory):
A boutique and modern accounting and advisory firm that likes to do things differently (we recently won The Gap’s Innovation Award for our Advisory services!)
A supportive compliance team that is top-notch and smashing goals, and an advisory service where the sky is the limit
Brand spanking new office space with an absolute vibe, based in the heart of beautiful Waihi Beach Village
… and we are looking for another ‘unicorn’ accountant to join us!
Could we be a match?
Are you an experienced Accountant looking for your next role with a growing firm? Then let’s chat.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for another Accountant to join our compliance team and help us maintain strong and meaningful client relationships.
Ideally, this is a full-time 40hr/pw role – however, we can be flexible in how we structure things for the right person – so those interested in part-time hours, please still get in touch! Maybe now is the time for a sea-change, and you want to escape city life and move closer to the beach? Or maybe you live in one of the surrounding areas (Waikato/ Bay of Plenty) and don’t mind a drive to the beach a few days a week. This role might be just the ticket to change things up for you and provide more balance in your life.
THE DAY TO DAY
This role will oversee the accurate production of annual accounts and tax returns, review jobs, and provide easy-to-understand answers to review queries. You should be confident in presenting final accounts and advice to clients and be exceptionally organised.
You’ll be assisting our clients who look to us for expert advice on everything from personal tax returns to guidance around property, trusts, and business structures. On any given day your role might include:
- Building trusted connections with clients and assisting with their queries
- Preparing monthly management reports and cashflow forecasts
- Preparing financial statements and income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts, and companies
- Preparing GST, PAYE, and FBT returns
- Training clients on the use of Xero
- Sharing your technical knowledge generously across the team, and mentoring junior team members
- Contributing to the ongoing evolution of our systems, processes, and IP
Our ideal candidate will:
- CA qualified (preferable, but not essential) with a minimum of 2 years experience in a NZ accounting firm environment
- Must be fluent in Xero and Xero Workpapers, and have a strong knowledge of NZ tax
- Understand modern business systems and practices
- Be pretty tech-savvy, comfortable with learning and operating several different systems (Xero, XPM, Hubspot, slack)
- Genuinely enjoy building great relationships and comfortable liaising with a wide range of people
- Have attention to detail as one of your superpowers
- Be results-focused with a natural talent for prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Most of all, you will have a great sense of humour, a huge amount of initiative, a lot of resilience, be pretty self-sufficient, passionate about helping NZ businesses and take the challenges of a varied workload in your stride!
We are SMYD Accounting / Advisory – a modern accounting firm with a big heart. We specialise in no-nonsense advice and we pride ourselves on our approachable nature. We have a huge focus on business advisory, but underpinning that is our awesome compliance team who absolutely nail it. We get a real kick out of our clients “getting it” and we see ourselves as an extended part of a client’s team, so getting to know their business, being able to have a yarn, and laugh regularly are super important to us!
Check out what some of our clients have said about us HERE
Sound like your kind of gig? You can check us out on Fb/Insta @smyd.nz and see if we could be a good match!